Nike shuts down Oregon Project after Alberto Salazar ban
Nike Inc. shut down its Nike Oregon Project training group Thursday after the recent ban of founder and coach Alberto Salazar.
LIVE: Wallabies out to avoid Uruguay upset
If this World Cup has proven anything, it's that the gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2 nations is shortening. The Wallabies face one of those Tier 2 nations in Uruguay - follow all the action from 3.15pm (AEST).
Kenenisa Bekele wins Berlin Marathon but misses Eliud Kipchoge's world record
Former Olympic and world champion Kenenisa Bekele staged a thrilling comeback to win the Berlin marathon on Sunday, dramatically missing the world record by two seconds as he recorded the second-fastest time in history.
Wales make 14 changes for Ireland clash
Rhys Carre and Owen Lane will make their debuts for Wales Saturday, when the Grand Slam winners host Ireland in their penultimate Rugby World Cup warm-up match in Cardiff.
All Blacks stars to snub rugby sevens in Tokyo
New Zealand's team bidding for a rugby sevens gold medal at next year's Tokyo Olympics will not include any All Blacks after several approached declined to be involved.
Archery World Championships: Indian men's recurve team claim silver medal
India won silver in the men's recurve team event at the Archery World Championships after losing to China in the final in Netherlands on Sunday.
- Date of birth
- 39 (200m freestyle, 100m and 200m butterfly, 200m and 400m medley, 4x100m freestyle relay, 4x100m medley relay, 4x200m freestyle relay - long course; 4x100m medley relay, 4x100m freestyle relay - short course) - up to 29/04/16
Olympic Games (22 medals: 18 gold, 2 silver, 2 bronze)
- 200m freestyle: 1st (2008), 3rd (2004)
- 100m butterfly: 1st (2004, 2008, 2012)
- 200m butterfly: 1st (2004, 2008), 2nd (2012)
- 200m medley: 1st (2004, 2008, 2012)
- 400m medley: 1st (2004, 2008)
- 4x100m freestyle relay: 1st (2008), 2nd (2012), 3rd (2004)
- 4x200m freestyle relay: 1st (2004, 2008, 2012)
- 4x100m medley relay: 1st (2004/did not participate in the final, 2008, 2012)
World Championships (33 medals: 26 gold, 6 silver, 1 bronze)
- 200m freestyle : 1st (2005, 2007), 2nd (2009, 2011)
- 100m butterfly: 1st (2007, 2009, 2011), 2nd (2003, 2005)
- 200m butterfly: 1st (2001, 2003, 2007, 2009, 2011)
- 200m medley: 1st (2003, 2005, 2007), 2nd (2011)
- 400m medley: 1st (2003, 2007)
- 4x100m freestyle relay: 1st (2005, 2007, 2009), 3rd (2011)
- 4x200m freestyle relay: 1st (2005, 2007, 2009, 2011), 2nd (2003)
- 4x100m medley relay: 1st (2003 and 2005 did not participate in the finals, 2009, 2011)
World Short Course Championships (1 medal: 1 gold)
- 200m freestyle: 1st (2004)
Pan Pacific Championships (21 medals: 16 gold, 5 silver)
- 200m backstroke : 2nd (2006)
- 100m butterfly: 1st (2010, 2014)
- 200m butterfly: 1st (2006, 2010), 2nd (2002)
- 200m medley: 1st (2002, 2006), 2nd (2014)
- 400m medley: 1st (2002, 2006)
- 4x100 m freestyle relay: 1st (2006, 2010), 2nd (2014)
- 4x200m freestyle relay: 1st (2006, 2010, 2014), 2nd (2002)
- 4x100m medley relay: 1st (2002, 2010, 2014)
22 medals and counting...
Michael Phelps, the most decorated Olympian of all time (22 medals), will travel to Rio looking to create more sporting history.
The American swimming sensation retired after London 2012, but made his comeback in 2014.
He missed out on the world championships in Kazan after being suspended by USA Swimming, following an arrest for drink driving. But he returned in some style at the 2015 US National Championships, with a superb performance in the 200m butterfly (1:52.94).
Now aged 31, and with 18 Olympic golds to his name, Phelps is gunning for more glory in Rio. Still coached by Bob Bowman, the "Baltimore Bullet" remains a solitary figure, who is "happy to let his swimming do the talking". His rivals have been warned.
|Men's 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay||3:09.92|
|1||Men's 4 x 100m Freestyle Relay, Final||3:09.92|
|Men's 200m Butterfly||1:53.36|
|5||Men's 200m Butterfly, Heats||1:55.73 Q|
|3||Men's 200m Butterfly, Heats, Heat 3||1:55.73|
|2||Men's 200m Butterfly, Semifinal||1:54.12 Q|
|2||Men's 200m Butterfly, Semifinal, Semifinal 2||1:54.12|
|1||Men's 200m Butterfly, Final||1:53.36|
|Men's 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay||7:00.66|
|1||Men's 4 x 200m Freestyle Relay, Final||7:00.66|
|Men's 200m Individual Medley||1:54.66|
|3||Men's 200m Individual Medley, Heats||1:58.41 Q|
|1||Men's 200m Individual Medley, Heats, Heat 4||1:58.41|
|1||Men's 200m Individual Medley, Semifinal||1:55.78 Q|
|1||Men's 200m Individual Medley, Semifinal, Semifinal 2||1:55.78|
|1||Men's 200m Individual Medley, Final||1:54.66|
|Men's 100m Butterfly||51.14|
|4||Men's 100m Butterfly, Heats||51.60 Q|
|2||Men's 100m Butterfly, Heats, Heat 6||51.60|
|5||Men's 100m Butterfly, Semifinal||51.58 Q|
|2||Men's 100m Butterfly, Semifinal, Semifinal 1||51.58|
|2||Men's 100m Butterfly, Final||51.14|
|Men's 4 x 100m Medley Relay||3:27.95 OR|
|1||Men's 4 x 100m Medley Relay, Final||3:27.95 OR|
GBR 27 CHN 26
GBR 23 CHN 18
CHN 26 JPN 21
Ledecky 4 Biles 4
Manuel 2 McKeon 2
Oleksiak 2 Chalmers 2