<
>

Bagley withdraws from Team USA consideration

play
Kemba says Tatum, Brown are easy to get along with (1:01)

Kemba Walker says chemistry with Jayson Tatum and Jaylen Brown is growing through Team USA. (1:01)

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- Sacramento Kings forward Marvin Bagley III has told USA Basketball that he is withdrawing from consideration for the roster that will be sent to China this month for the FIBA World Cup.

Bagley's decision was revealed Sunday, two days before he was to report to El Segundo, California, for the second week of training camp.

Bagley was not immediately replaced, and unless that changes the U.S. will have 16 players still in the mix for 12 final roster spots.

Bagley was on the select team -- younger NBA players brought in to compete against national-team candidates -- last week in Las Vegas, and earned a promotion to the national team Friday night following USA Basketball's intrasquad scrimmage.

Sacramento still has two players left as World Cup roster candidates, with Harrison Barnes and De'Aaron Fox headed to camp this week.

The Boston Celtics have four: Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, Jayson Tatum and Kemba Walker.

Milwaukee's Brook Lopez and Khris Middleton remain candidates, along with Brooklyn's Joe Harris, the Los Angeles Lakers' Kyle Kuzma, Toronto's Kyle Lowry, Utah's Donovan Mitchell, Denver's Mason Plumlee, Houston's P.J. Tucker, Indiana's Myles Turner and San Antonio's Derrick White.

Lowry (thumb surgery) and Smart (calf strain) are both dealing with injuries, with clarity on their situations expected to come early this week. The Americans will practice at the Lakers' facility Tuesday through Thursday, then face Spain in Anaheim, California, on Friday night.