The Fan Advisory Board (FAB) at Richmond Raceway (Richmond) has a legacy as the voice of loyal fans at the historic track. Now in its ninth year, this group of Richmond fans continue to provide feedback and ideas to senior leadership to aid the growth and development of the track to deliver the ultimate fan experience. The track will also continue to hear from the next generation of race fans as the Youth Fan Advisory Board (YFAB) enters its second season in 2019.
"It is our mission to listen to our fans as we strive to further grow the iconic racing experience at Richmond Raceway," said Richmond President Dennis Bickmeier. "The Fan Advisory Board allows us to hear directly from our most loyal fans with an open dialogue about improving our fan experience. Throughout the year, we have integrated several of the FAB's recommendations into our race weekend experiences and guest service support. We value and appreciate their commitment, along with the Youth Fan Advisory Board, to America's Premier Short Track."
The FAB has been a staple over the past nine years in enhancing the fan experience at Richmond. Throughout its history, the FAB has kept an open line of communication between our loyal fans and Richmond's leadership to positively impact the race experience at the Action Track. It also offers a forum to share fan opinions on ideas for the track. The new DC Solar FanGrounds is an example of a new fan experience that was developed with FAB feedback.
FAB members participate in conference calls and annual meetings in order to make America's Premier Short Track better. To keep the board working, membership is limited to 25 members. Members serve a rotational term of four consecutive NASCAR race weekends at Richmond. Once their term is complete, members rotate off the board and are replaced by new members. Fans can apply online to become a part of the Fan Advisory Board when availability is open at richmondraceway.com/fanadvisoryboard.
The 2019 FAB is comprised of the following members:
• Gerald Allen, Severn, Md
• Lee Allen, Lansdale, PA
• William Apperson, Williamsburg, VA
• Donna Arnold, Richmond, VA
• John Arnold, Richmond, VA
• Kevin Asdalan, Coraopolis, PA
• Denise Brown, Ruther Glen, VA
• Lisa Carneal, Ruther Glen, VA
• Maryellen Davison, Fredericksburg, VA
• Tom Davison, Fredericksburg, VA
• Robert Ellis, Hampton, VA
• Lee-an Felkins, Williamsburg, VA
• Kendall Humphries, North Chesterfield, VA
• Brian Johnson, Charlottesville, VA
• John Johnson, Mechanicsville, VA
• Mary Ann Johnson, Mechanicsville, VA
• Phil Lendermann, Lexington Park, MD
• Lewis Rash, South Hill, VA
• Amy Sylvia, Ashland, VA
• Beth Taylor, Fredericksburg, VA
• Todd Taylor, Fredericksburg, VA
• Elmer Wheeler, Ruther Glen, VA
• John Wheeler, Ruther Glen, VA
• Kevin Young, Laneview, VA
• Sonia Young, Saluda, VA
Youth Fan Advisory Board
The YFAB was formed to improve the fan experience for the next generation of NASCAR's fans. This select group of youth will continue to speak directly with Richmond's leadership in the coming race season. The YFAB provides NASCAR's younger fans the opportunity to change the landscape of America's Premier Short Track for the better.
The YFAB gives the track a sounding board to hear what moves youth's interest in motorsports at Richmond. The annual goal of the YFAB is to help grow the presence of today's youth at Richmond and provide them a one-of-a-kind race experience.
The 2019 YFAB is comprised of the following members:
• Ethan DuBrueler, Mosely, VA
• Kaylee Hiner, Bridgewater, VA
• Matthew McMillen, Richmond, VA
• Livingstone Sitzman, Montpelier, VA
• Tatum Roberts, Mosely, VA
• Joshua Slate, Mechanicsville, VA
• Ember Steele, Mechanicsville, VA
For more information on the Fan Advisory Board or Youth Fan Advisory Board, visit richmondraceway.com.
--- Richmond Raceway ---