The American Gaming Association estimates that more than $10 billion will be wagered on the NCAA tournament this year, with 97 percent coming in illegal markets. That leaves only 3 percent to the legal, regulated markets, but it doesn't change how many people are looking for betting advice on the tourney.
Our college basketball experts -- Andrew Lange and Seth Walder -- are here to help, giving their best bets for Friday's first-round games.
Note: All odds are via Westgate Las Vegas SuperBook, as of March 13.
No. 3 Michigan State Spartans (-14.5) vs. No. 14 Bucknell Bison
Friday at 7:10 p.m. in Detroit
Lange: Playing in the Big Ten, there weren't many chances for Michigan State to reach its preferred up-tempo pace. Nonconference play was a different story, as the Spartans averaged more than 72 possessions per game. And when given the chance to light up the scoreboard against a lesser foe, MSU wasn't shy. In eight games against mid-major competition, Sparty averaged 99.1 points per game.